Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Salariin Kampuchea (SK). Our volunteers come from all over the world and take different roles and responsibilities within SK. In the past, we have worked with teachers, teaching assistants, teacher trainers, social workers, photographers, accountants, managers, football coaches, tailors as well as internship students.
The main goal of our volunteer program is to develop the capacities of our Khmer staff. We believe in a reciprocal exchange and collaborative experience between our team and volunteers. It has always been our goal to make our projects sustainable by strengthening the skills of our local staff.
Therefore, volunteers will be predominantly working with our staff in planning, monitoring and evaluating activities, as well as supporting SK’s administration in communication and fundraising.
If you have skills you think would be helpful at SK, and are looking for an experience that will teach you as much as you can teach us, please continue reading for our application process! Also check out the partner organizations we work with that frequently send us volunteers.
We offer many different volunteer opportunities at Salariin Kampuchea. To get more information about each opportunity click on the buttons below. Volunteering with Salarrin Kampuchea is free, but you will be required to cover all your living costs (accommodation, food, transport etc.) during your time here.
- Volunteers must have a very good knowledge of the English language
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Volunteers must commit to Salariin Kampuchea for at least 3-12 months (depending on the working field). Please inquire about exceptions.
- Volunteers must sign a working agreement, incl. the Child Protection Regulations
- Volunteers must be respectful towards the Khmer culture and religion, and be honest, open and friendly
- Be enthusiastic, creative, flexible, independent and motivated
You have the option to apply directly to Salariin Kampuchea or go through one of our partner organizations:
Option 1: Applying to Salariin Kampuchea
Please send your complete Volunteer’s Application together with your CV (incl. references), passport copy and police check to firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 2: Applying through a Partner Organization
You will be notified if you have been accepted to one of your volunteer programs.
- Before coming to Cambodia you will exchange ideas with the local management team and discuss your job description, work goal, schedule, arrival and leaving date as well as accommodation and other needed information via email or skype.
- Once in Cambodia you must sign a working agreement with SK.
- Please write to us if you would like to bring any materials or donations for Salariin Kampuchea. We want to discuss it with you beforehand.
- If you want to fundraise for us before coming to Cambodia this is very much appreciated and we are happy to provide you with any information needed.
- Please note that you must have your own insurance against accidents, illness and loss of property.
- Salariin Kampuchea is not liable for compensation.
I first came to Cambodia in November 2006, just travelling and sightseeing. I stayed in a small guesthouse in Siem Reap and I saw on their noticeboard an advertisement by Salariin Kampuchea looking for volunteers to teach English. I thought it might be interesting to come back one day and do some teaching at this little school.